Trash to Treasures

My Grandma called it dumpin’
My Mom called it garbage pickin’
I call it goin’ green!

Seriously…my mom and her siblings talk of Sunday afternoons spent at the county dump rummaging through the discards for clothes that might be worn or furniture that might be used…

As a child…my siblings and I would all hide on the floor of the car when my mom stopped to check out someone’s trash!  We were mortified!!

“Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, I’m my Mother after all!!”Mom and Me
PS…I’ve had brown hair twice in thirty years
and this happens to be one of them…
I have found some of the best stuff along the curbside!  We have online groups that tag themselves as “Freecycle” and that makes us feel better about our need to go ‘dumpin’…

Call it what you want…but having these makes ME feel better!
Blog 013
(I was moving the table at the time…ie…odd placed items…)
And this is one of my all time l-o-ves…
Blog 112
And of course you know how these are inspiring my guest room/office for Over The Top Vintage
Part 2 is coming soon…I promise…
And while my eye is to the curb…little man benefits too…
No joke…ALL of this I found for FREE!!!  Not too shabby…or maybe shabby chic!!!
Warm weather is here!! Picnics, walks in the park, garage sales…and trash pickin’!!!!  L-O-ve it!!!

Check out my "Rust & Moth" corner in the sidebar for more thrifty treasures!!

8 comments:

vawriter said...

hhhhHi, Tenneil--I love the red check cloth! I want it for my Mom2Mom group. I am a leader of the Red Table! Got to run get some iris bulbs from FREECYCLE (!) so have to run--don't sell it to anyone else, please! Will finish up purchase tonight...ok?

Unknown said...

I got so many iris from freecycle last year! Love them:)

What's mom2mom?

The Tattered Cottage said...

I use to love it when the city would advise that they would be leaving dumpsters for a trash pick up in our neighborhood, that was always the best shopping :)
Toni

Michelle@ A Full Cottage said...

We have to pay in our city tho throw stuff out so nobody ever leaves anything good on the curb. I always look though especially when we are in an other city. I am so jealous of your free finds :) I love how it is now popular to do what I have enjoyed all along, and I tell everyone I am Green!!!

:) Michelle

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

I love the furniture! Especially that little table with the nice legs :) I never find any good stuff by the road!

Amanda said...

Dumpin', curb-shopping, junkin' - whatever you call it, it's all good! I love some good free finds, and you sure have some good ones here!

Sandy said...

That dresser is fantastic! In our neighborhood you can't set out stuff like that-all trash must fit in the trash can, bummer!

Amy said...

Love all of your treasures! I really need to get out more, I don't think I have one thing that I picked up from the trash!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...