G-R-a-c-ious

I have a little sign that was my motto in years past. (I'm still recovering from the post-Christmas transition and can't find it...) Please tell me I'm not the only one who is just now putting away glittery things! Moving on --the sign says God, Grace, Gratitude. I've used this sign for years to remind me of the importance of gratitude. Anytime I'm in a bad mood it usually stems from self-pity. Shall we wallow a while? My furniture is getting old and some of it even broken, there's dog hair all over the floor, the laundry is endless, there's more bills to pay..._________________ (put your wallow here)...and on and on it goes.

We only have to look a short distance from self to see all that we have to be grateful for.

Fresh Food...
Rain and nature's blessings...
Health and laughter...


(I'm sure my sister will be thrilled to see herself exploited here but if there was ever a woman to teach you to be grateful for your health and laughter -- it's HER!)







That doesn't even include the beautiful luxuries of indoor plumbing, Kitchen-Aid mixers and dishwashers (which is what I think would be the most romantic Valentine's present ever right now!) To go here....

(of course then I will have to put in cabinets...so boring!)

And my wishful heart for a dishwasher brings me back to the subject -- I think the next step in my journey is to learn to be gracious.

"But He (God) gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:
     'God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble' "
                              James 4:6

Humility is the key to gracious living. When I feel grumbly or discontent I need to ask myself why I feel that way...pride is usually the answer and stands in the way of gracious living. Now picture if you will someone who is acting graciously....the picture of beauty and strength is undeniable.

"He who loves a pure heart and whose speech is gracious will have the king for his friend" Proverbs 22:11

A pure heart...

1 comment:

alismiles said...

You are such a beautiful soul! Thanks for the reminder! :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...