Follow me…Kane County flea market

It’s a little disturbing to me: Why do they call it a flea market???Flower show & Kane County 008

I’m not the only flea though…Flower show & Kane County 009note how far we had to walk up this road because of all the cars on the right…

First stop: Small little booth…$3 sign caught my eye…wait it’s tote bags…hand-made tote bags…recycled from T-shirt tote bags…$3!!! Picked up a cute little tote for my 11 year old goddaughter…can’t show you because I haven’t given it to her yet…

Make several more stops to look at mirrors, food, jewelry, candles, well the list is too long! Second buy:Flower show & Kane County 010(I’m in the green shirt) Nothing was tagged which is usually a no! for me…pet peeve I guess…but this older lady was so sweet and her booth was vintage feminine that I couldn’t help myself! I say how much…she says $6…I say OK (it’s early & I love it) she say's I’ll take $5 – SOLD!! Flower show & Kane County 114

I think this will make an adorable apron!

I wouldn’t be me without buying plants if I see them…Flower show & Kane County 119We also decided at that point that although the stroller is wonderful for toting items…it’s slowing down our ability to hunt! (it was very crowded.) Plant guy mentions what a brilliant idea the stroller is and I say we thought so, but really wish we could stash it…he offers to keep it at his booth with my new planter & boxwood. SCORE!!! Flower show & Kane County 121Cool basket only $9!!!

It was warming up outside, so we decided to head out there…

I love the hunt! These table full of boxes or wrapped dishes and odds and ends that we could tear through was just my thing!! Flower show & Kane County 017

Then I waited in line to see what ‘Bert’ wanted for my treasures. I couldn’t believe my eyes and ears…did he say $2?? SOLD AGAIN!!

Yes…all 3 of these…$2!!!

So I ask what he would like for a box full of blue jars?

Flower show & Kane County 123

He says ‘how many in the box?

I say ‘about a baker’s dozen.’

He says ‘$2 a jar’

I say ‘no thanks’

He says ‘$20’

I say ‘$15’

He says ‘$18’

I say ‘$18 and you hold them until the end of the day’ – SOLD!Flower show & Kane County 122

Next we head into another building…just inside the door…my sister says “oohh…I love this basket!”Flower show & Kane County 019I say ‘that’s pretty’ in a half-hearted sister way…and we walk across the aisle…now I say “I love this basket!”Flower show & Kane County 020

No further comment needed…

Next up…I found some great cotton rag rug style woven placemat

Flower show & Kane County 118

She finds a really great picnic basket – only $7!!!

She’s lucky she saw it first…and I know if it hadn’t had a bright pink flower on it…she wouldn’t have looked twice!! She has a shabby chic side dying to come out!!!

We made a few other purchases…asking each place to hold our items until the end of the day…at 4pm we executed our ingenious plan…headed back to the stroller…Flower show & Kane County 022

and began our rounds of picking up our goodies!! We finished 25 minutes before closing…just enough time to sneak in to the last building and although many of the vendors were closed or closing we hunted down two of our best finds:Flower show & Kane County 109 Click on this flower to read about why I L-O-ve it!! (and what we did with the kid who is supposed to be IN the stroller!!!)

And the last purchase of the day…Flower show & Kane County 023

This “French Shopping Cart” scored at half price!!!! Now she just has to find a way to hook it on the back of her groovy pink scooter!!

So I leave my sister, the stroller and her shopping cart and start trotting back to the car…this is me walking past the same parking lot that was full earlier…Flower show & Kane County 025

And the tiny little black dot on the right is our car in the outer parking lot…Flower show & Kane County 026

We were the very LAST people to leave Kane County’s opening day…and couldn’t have been happier!!!

Flower show & Kane County 028 Flower show & Kane County 027

Are you a hunter?? Are you ready for open season???

This post is linked to thrifty mondays...go there to see more great ideas at Southern Hospitality...

You also might enjoy my 'thrift find corner'..."Where Rust and Moth Doth Decay"

20 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Love the deal you got on those blue BALL jars...great job! Hope you have a FUN week:)

Blessings,
Linda

Unknown said...

Thanks Linda! I'm following you and will party at your place on Tuesday:) Thanks for reading!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Hi, My first visit here and I love all your wonderful finds. Great day at the flea market. I love some shabby fun flea market, thrifty stores and more!

Unknown said...

Linda (#2)...thanks for stopping by! We love first-timers:):)

A quick glimpse of your profile and I love two things about you already...
1) You call it junkin' too!!
2) You use your own photos!

Enjoy the party! :)
-Tenneil

Amy said...

Tenneil, I would have totally fought you for the red/aqua fabric and Ball jars. Exactly what I am looking for for my laundry room!

Looks like a great day, still jealous!

Unknown said...

Amy...say pretty please and I just might share...I got double what I showed in the pics:)

Anonymous said...

Rag rugs and blue ball jars all in the same sale? Wowza.

Where is Kane County because I will get in my minivan and make the drive for the next sale!

Laura said...

I love love love the cherries and ric rack! so cute, and perfect for an apron!

Oh, and I like your basket too!

Unknown said...

Merrie -- I love the idea behind your blog! I always combine that Brady Bunch episode of "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia"...and think "Martha, Martha, Martha"!

Kane County is near Chicago...I see that you live in MO which is where I picked up the vintage version of me:) (well there and my mom)

acorn hollow said...

What great fun you had! and such wonderful deals.

Kristen said...

I love those blue jars! Looks like such a fun day!!

Sandra said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day and found some great treasures.

Creations By Cindy said...

What great finds! Be blessed. Cindy

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone! I L-O-ve to party:)

"Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without." Sandra has this posted on her page!! I L-O-ve IT!!!

The Smith Hotel said...

What a fun day! The one thing I miss about my kids being older now is the stroller~not for them to ride in but what I can load it down with! LOL
Jody

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Great treasures, especially the shopping cart!!

afistfullofweeds* said...

I would love to find one of those carts!! Rhonda

Sandy said...

Sounds like a fabulous day, wish I was there! Those blue jars as great, and the fabric too.

tonya314 said...

Those are some great finds. I just wanted to tell you that my middle name is Tenneille (pronounced Ten-eel). I have never run across anyone else with this name. Pretty cool :)

Unknown said...

tonya -- it is VERY cool that you are a "ten-eel" too!!!

...and Sandy...I love the name of your blog..."Life Began in a Garden"

Thanks for stopping by friends!!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...