Here is the explanation for why I've been too busy to blog.
I would apologize...but I just can't!!!
I’m joining This Blessed Nest on a picnic :)
My favorite part of a picnic is the red and white tablecloth!
My next favorite thing…Dessert!!!
I’m bringing Sugar Cookie Shortcake!!
Now I am a chocolate lover to say the very least!
This is really the ONLY dessert that stands a chance in my chocolate filled dreams…
1 roll refrigerated cookie dough
2 T. of sugar
1 lb fresh strawberries
1 box vanilla instant pudding
1 c. cold milk
3/4 cup whipping cream
In the spirit of cooking in haste…I’ll give you a few options throughout the recipe :)
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Split cookie dough roll in half and spread dough in a 9” round pie or cake pan. Either line your dish with foil or use disposable to make it easy to get the giant cookie out! (I use foil pans and then rinse and reuse each time)
Before putting each cookie in the oven, sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar over each – YUMMY! (If you forget…like me…you can do it when you pull it out of the oven too)
Let these cool…and while they do…mix 1 cup of milk with the instant pudding mix. Whisk it until it’s thick.
Also, use mixer to beat whipping cream until formed. (Frozen whipped cream works also…just not quite as rich)
Mix the pudding mix and the whip cream together. Lick your fingers when you do this :) Now wash them – we’re going to a picnic!!
Slice your strawberries reserving a few for garnish. (Frozen strawberries will work too.)
Layer cookie, mixture and sliced strawberries. Use a little less than half of the mixture.
Again…layer cookie, mixture and sliced strawberries.
Top off with remaining mixture and garnish with strawberries.
- Keep your prices low
- Enjoy the company of a good thrifter when someone asks if you will take less…say YES!!
- Put out clean and good stuff!
- Say ‘Hello’ to every person.
- Sell something you weren’t planning to sell!
- Have a snack and drink for sale
- Plan to go 50 cents for all an hour or two before close…it’s so much FUN to watch people load up your stuff in to their car…instead of you loading it in to yours for the thrift store.
- Have it with a friend…
- Give the leftovers away!!