The In-Between

One of my favorite children’s books refers to the moment when you wake up, but the sun’s not up as the “in between.” I think of this time of year as the same. Really in the Midwest autumn is over…trees are bare…pumpkins are rotten from freezing…but winter really isn’t supposed to come until after we eat that turkey!

This year Thanksgiving is late and there are actually only 3 short weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas break which for us teachers IS Christmas! With family coming, I didn’t want to “overkill” and have the house decked out for Christmas…but where is the balance for the “in between…”

I would love to know what you do, but here is what I’m trying…

DSCN5260A nature inspired tree

DSCN5262

The grapevine garland I bought for Our Knot, but it has been one of the most diverse things for adding a little touch of nature to any room

DSCN5256  

Decorating a tree with branches of flowers is so much faster than ornaments!  We will still have the traditional tree in the family room, but this gives just the right touch.

  DSCN5318

See my pumpkins mixed in still – I think the key was not to introduce any bright red yet. Red is one of my favorite reasons to L-O-ve Christmas. It will be easy to put the pumpkins away next Friday and pull out the red!

 DSCN5319

A little pumpkin, snowflake, and evergreen mix…

 DSCN5321

Your turn…what makes your home merry before the Turkey is eaten??

DSCN5263


Linking to
Linking to

3 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my goodness, I love your tree, it is fabulous. This is perfect for inbetween. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Luisa said...

I LOVE that tree. It is so simple with just the branches and grapevine, but they just seem to make the tree so happy :-) Everyone seems to be going for simple decorations this year...not me! I can't help it...:-))))
Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Let's go play in the wind so that our hair can fly around together! haha! Have a great weekend!

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Love your Tree! Would love for you to share at Simple & Sweet Fridays this week! New Follower!
Hugs,
Jody

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...