Piles of Pallets

For decades, piles of pallets have set behind warehouses completely unnoticed. Until some creative folks put them in high demand with designers and DIY’s everywhere!

One of the first pallet ideas I fell in love with was a backsplash

pallet backsplash

While I was in Atlanta, many showrooms were using pallet displays

002

I’ve even seen bloggers create entire pallet walls

pallet wall

While we did order a reclaimed wood bed that I’m eager to see, and I would L-O-ve to have a mini bar in our basement family room made of pallet someday, I haven’t taken the plunge with pallets. I do have a (less glamorous) usefully inspiring pallet project to share though.

DSCN4973

I have wanted a REAL compost pile for almost 10 years!! This is something only gardeners or farm folks will understand, but these industrial pallets make a great 2 bin compost right off of the pen where I get the most “stuff.” We have a piece that we put in front of it to keep other animals out, but it works great and went up quite easily and for $5!

I told you it wasn’t all that inspiring, but doing chores is more fun with a good looking place to put “it”…

2 comments:

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

I love pallets too...love to make wood table runners out of them or small gates and just lean them up against the wall.

If I ever get enough, I'd love to do that pallet wall you've shown...it's gorgeous!

Laurel Stephens said...

What a great compost bin! This is only my second year composting, and I've really learned to admire a good pile of compost like yours!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...