Cute & Cheap Classroom Tips that Work for the Home

I don't usually blog about my classroom because other than a lot of organization and a lot of style...I don't put a lot of effort into it how it looks. I'm certain that Pinterest would be much more inspiring.

I am going to share a couple of these tricks though because they could be used in the home too!


Now...I'll tell you the truth that I picked up these little glass votives at the Goodwill already made, but it's simply a ribbon glued around a cheap votive to make a great little accent. 
I'll use mine for binder clips and erasers.

There are many ideas out there for sprucing up a bulletin board including fabric and washi tape, but you can also just use scrapbook paper for a patchwork look. The banner can easily be made and would look cute in a child's room. Be sure to check out why I am INSPIRED this year!!


Speaking of the Goodwill and being inspired...while there with my mama we came up with the kind of cheater curtains that had random teachers popping their heads in because they had heard...

that it started with this bed skirt from the Goodwill.


I grabbed my pinking shears still handy from that INSPIRE banner and cut out just the ruffle off the bedskirt and I cut the matching flat sheet in half. I almost forgot to tell you ladies (and the possible one or two gentleman reading this) that Linens were BOGO at the Goodwill that day...


 So that's right...you are looking at $2.38 curtains for the classroom!


Funny thing is the "actual curtain" that I brought from home was a double layered valance. I unfolded it and hung it to cover up the ugly desk front. This would work as a sink or cabinet skirt at home.


Yep...should have maybe ironed it first...


 Well...there you have it the cute classroom for under $5!!!


Linking to:
Stroll Through Life
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Grace at Home 
Simple and Sweet Friday
Fridays Unfolded
Overflowing with Creativity

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...