A look around the office nook

Although it wasn't the topic of the shoot, the film crew really loved the office nook.
It really is my favorite space in the house too. I think it's because there's only room for a few people at a time. This makes it a quiet escape from the madness we are addicted to here at R7.

I'll show you around the room and how inexpensively I furnished a rustic elegant space.


Although the room feels decluttered and peaceful, it's actually very hard-working.
Hard working is a requirement for survival here at R7.


This old nail box from a hardware store works great for office supplies. (It was $7 at an auction!)
The cherry blossoms actually got laid there while cleaning, and it just sort of stuck. 
I use some of these in my Christmas tree decor. You can see the tutorial here.

The cabinet works well for storing our electronics and games. Some day I'm going to drill a hole through the back for the cords. 
That footstool was an unbelievable garage sale steal for $20 in mint condition!


This little wooden box that I picked up over the summer for $20 screamed out at the teacher in me. Cubbies are a teacher's best friend! 
I use it to store all of the current papers for church, school, and such.


The desk is an old bankers desk I picked up at a resale shop for $40. I don't sit at it much ever so the stool is just an illusion that you could sit there. I use the surface space and drawers every day so it's worth having in the main space of the house. Pull those handles out and it's a file drawer!! 
Genius design I say!


I need a few photography tips for taking a pic of a flat wall. I struggled with this.


This is my favorite thing in the room!

The lamp was Goodwill for $4 and the table it's on just $6 at an auction. If it has some old ugly wood and can be used to store and organize clutter --- It comes home with me.

Against the soft fabrics and colors the room takes on what I call rustic elegance.

From R7 to you --
Be a Blessing.



Linking to:




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...