A note for thrifty chics!

Sometimes as a thrifty, vintage girl you can get a little bogged down with stuff!  Even minimalists and well-organized homes need a cleansing every now and then…not a cleaning – a cleansing!
A fun way to do it is to have a garage sale.
To really have FUN with a garage sale…have a thrifter style sale.  Thrifters l-o-ve to go to a sale where things are CHEAP!!  They like to haggle…they like to smile…they like to relax.
A few tips on a FUN garage sale
- Keep your prices low
- Enjoy the company of a good thrifter when someone asks if you will take less…say YES!!
- Put out clean and good stuff!
- Say ‘Hello’ to every person.
- Sell something you weren’t planning to sell!
- Have a snack and drink for sale
- Plan to go 50 cents for all an hour or two before close…it’s so much FUN to watch people load up your stuff in to their car…instead of you loading it in to yours for the thrift store.
- Have it with a friend…
- Give the leftovers away!!
Blog 284
YOU WILL FEEL SO FREE!!!!

And remember…how excited you get when you see a pile like this…PAY IT FORWARD this summer!!!

Linking to...
Southern Hospitality
Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays

Don't forget to stop by on Wednesday for my Shop Your House party!!


And if you haven't yet...check out my sidebar sensation...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Great advice. I think I'll have a free table at my garage sale this year; that's a great idea!

Nancy

Unknown said...

Great post! I saw a bake table at a street sale this weekend and am totally planning one for our sale this summer, and will definitely be having a box of freebies!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

It's almost time for our family to plan another garage sale. We had a very successful one three years ago. I used my proceeds to buy "the big camera".

We usually have a freebie box.

Always lots of fun, to offset the work involved.:-)

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

All good advice! More people should go by these rules. One more to add. Please put up readable signs with good directions!

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Very good tips to keep in mind! this is so something I need to do!

Kelee Katillac said...

Dear DHBL!

Thank-you for this post--I am currently digging out the craft dungeon(basement)! I need courage!
What a great sale it will make....I don't want to be the one buying it all back....give me some help!

I enjoyed your visit too!

love,kelee

Maureen said...

Good tips. One more I would add, as this is my personal peeve when I go to sales. Mark prices on the items! I hate asking.
Hopefully, I will be ready for my sale by the end of May. Wish me luck.

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

I love the tip about setting what's left aside for people to take for free.....I too don't like loading up the car and taking it to the thrift store.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Great tips...thanks for sharing with all of us at NTT!

Blessings,
Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...