Cheater curtains

So…on the list of “Must-Go’s” from the Living room was the curtains.
I still L-O-ve these drapes in the dining room, but in our newly evolving living room they did not meet the criteria I set forth here… 

I have a gorgeous fabric picked out that’s has almost a burlap look with a postage stamp print on it. The whole family even approves of the L-O-ve-ly idea! However, at $15/yard it’s not on the “You Can Buy Me Now” list just yet.



 We’ve had bare windows in the living room since just after the New Year when I stripped down the old with the holiday decor. It’s COLD and BARE!

IMG_3983

So, on Saturday morning I decided to get random. I L-O-ve random! I had many yards of this white taffeta backdrop left over from the wedding…





I decided FREE CH-eat-er curtains were better than none at all. Now if you are a true seamstress…navigate away NOW…
DSCN2429



For all sewing I like to set up my 5’ plastic folding table for laying out my fabric. I started with a folded straight edge at one end.



In this case my width was appropriate, so I took advantage of the manufacture bound edges and laid out on the table the length of fabric.


Then in the spirit of BIG TIME CH-EAT-er sewing…









DSCN2428


I drew a little pencil line on each leg of the table. Then I was able to take my FAV-or-ite cheater tools (pinking shears) and cut that fabric off to just the right length.







DSCN2366
I did have to fold over my edges and use the machine to stitch up a large hem or rod pocket at the top – but that’s it. The only actual sewing to these CH-eat-er’s…



A simple fold of burlap as a tie back…
DSCN2467
And…
DSCN2473
What’s Not To L-O-ve??
DSCN2469
Linking to
Beyond The Picket Fence HookingupwithHoH

2 comments:

Katie said...

What did you use to hold the burlap in place? Is it tied?

Unknown said...

Hi Katie -

Good question and sorry for that funky formatting...

The grain of the burlap actually makes it cling together so it's really just folded across once and under once. Then I avoided a bulky not.

Thanks for hanging with many -- getting back in it is harder than I thought!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...