Pretty Pennant for a Pretty Girl

name bannerI’ve seen pennants used for weddings, picnics, and other festivities…

When I took a trip to Atlanta’s Gift Mart for the Home and Garden show in January…I saw lots of cute ones like these…

Letters_SpellYaLater_Girl_1211

 

 

But…although adorable at $2.95/letter multiplied by 5 kids --maybe not….

 

 

 

But…I L-O-ve the banner thing so inspiration + work =

Here’s the SUPER SIMPLE and almost NO SEW How-To:

First let me say that the pink striped towel is not necessary  (NOTE TO SELF: Pick up a towel that will photograph well.)

DSCN2502Make a 6” square pattern out of card stock. Trace the square pattern onto folded material with one edge of the square being the fold. Cut along the three outlined sides with pinking shears. (My FAV-orite!) Do NOT cut the folded edge.

DSCN2503Of course cut as many of these as you have letters…

Oh yes…letters….I printed letters on card stock and traced them on to this cool sticky back felt that I bought in a package of different colors.

DSCN2388 Peel the backing off the letters and place on each square…

DSCN2504

Yours should be looking something like thisDSCN2505 (Again…the pink striped towel is optional and the zebra print is a must-have only for 14-year old girls as sassy as this one)

311828_2348856278036_1148940019_2788645_1883652166_n

  After giving thanks for such a wonderful pure-hearted girl as Hailey…I opened up each of the blocks and laid out the ribbon for hanging the blocks. I’m a true good-ol’-girl -can’t resist polka dots!DSCN2506

I used my friend “Stitch-Witch” to iron the blocks to the ribbon…DSCN2391  Since the scheme was black and white I wanted to add a pop of color so I stitched on (almost no-sew) felt buttons…DSCN2509

Perhaps I should reward myself with a manicure…DSCN2510 With all my love…

DSCN2517

Bet it will look cuter in her room…


Linking to...
It's Overflowing
Beyond The Picket Fence

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...