Outside the box

When you L-O-ve to thrift and decorate, you tend to recycle them quickly. Over the summer, I couldn’t find a great weekend to have a garage sale. The weekend I had free was rodeo weekend, and I knew that would detract from the little bit of traffic that one finds attending your garage sale in the middle of a corn field anyway.Then I had my ‘aha’ moment. Why not take my garage sale to the flea market! I don’t enjoy refolding clothes at a garage sale anyway, so I dropped those off at Goodwill and took only my decorative items. It was S-O much FUN to see people find what was once a found treasure to me, plus…all my profits made my new treasures FREE! (well – sort of)

One of the pieces I found was a grain box. I knew I wanted it the moment I saw it. The multi-colored, chippy wood melts my heart like Tiffany blue. And there’s a hint of that blue in the box too! DSCN5191

I tried for towels in the bathroom…for books in the sitting room, but it was meant to be when we carried it to the dining room and cowboy and I both said “what if we hang it?”

DSCN5181 I’m not totally satisfied with it right now, but I’ve spent a little too much time doing thisDSCN5194

  I had the picture long before we had Penny, but it’s a pretty close resemblance…

DSCN5184 For now it’s a “ahem…” beverage station, but I can’t wait to put it to better use as a breakfast bar, coffee and tea nook, or hor’doeurve station (yes it’s spelled correctly. I “googled” it.Sisters – mark it down. I had to look it up).

DSCN5186

I had a different table under it, but I didn’t L-o-ve it. Last weekend at the horse sale I stole this table for $9 from some dear old man looking for a bargain work bench --- what a shame to hide this thing in a garage. I saved it’s life.

DSCN5178

I L-O-ve the table with it, and it’s almost time to play for FALL!

DSCN5185    You can tell how well prepped I am for pictures by the votive still laying there, but our candle-lit supper was calling – it’s a fun family tradition I don’t want to miss!

  Linking to

Vintage Thingy Thursday

A Stroll Through Life

Joyful HomeMaker

Coastal Charm

Make It Pretty Monday

Beyond the Picket Fence

Farmhouse Porch

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Love it!! Great find.

LV said...

Lots of great vintage goodies. Like the way you have them displayed as well.

jeanne, backyard neighbor said...

I L-O-ve your wonderful display of your great vintage finds. Your display with the old bench below is so charming and homey. Selling at the Flea Market is a good idea. Lots of customers. The horse painting is awesome. Who braided the horse's mane? Beautiful job.
xo, Jeanne

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

The horse pic and the wavy old tin are my faves! thanks for sharing at the party, yeee-haw!

~Linsey

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love it and I love your horse. Gorgeous braids. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...