Who needs dinner when you can decorate?

When I posted Ecc. 3:3 "A time to tear down, and a time to build up" the inspiration for Salvaged Vintage Decor, I didn't know it was going to be so literal in my home!

To your disappointment...I will not show you all of my messes in one post.

I'm all about real-life beautiful ---that means we need dinner AND decor!! When my table looks like this I know it's time to 'get my hands dirty' in the dining room...








(my alibi: rough day-sick little one)


(his alibi: I need another "please-do" list because I'm spending too much time on ebay)





As a quick fix for this mess...I used my find of a 2 sided tablecloth (see my 'finds' on the right column) and some $4 grocery store flowers...
For cut flowers choose heads that are still somewhat closed to make the boquet last longer at home.

Sunflowers have thick stems so use pruners instead of scissors...
Helpful hint...rubberband stems of sunflowers together so you can achieve the angle of display you like!

Many of you would have picked a different vase, but it's my tribute for the week to all the over-time put into the 'big green tractors...'





Now I have one end pretty for my sanity, 2 places for our breakfast in the morning, and a spot to do my reading. At the end of the day tomorrow I will be so delighted to quickly move my tray of reading out of the way and set a place for him (to do list included).

2 comments:

Amy said...

Love it! My table drives me crazy! Decorating is impossible because someone is always eating :)!

Unknown said...

...and I love you Amy! For not missing a single post:) So...you can do this too...you just need a table the size of the Duggars so you can have a pretty end and a functional end too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...