Bargain bar stools

So before I even had the last of the oil on the butcher block island I started looking for stools. 
I knew I wanted something metal because there is already SO MUCH wood going on in here.


I thought these from Crate & Barrel might be nice.

 
The vintage industrial look to any of these melt my butter...

But the price didn't melt anything but the plastic in my wallet, as I knew how quickly I could top over $1000 with 4 of these babies. One of the worst parts of living in the Midwestern frozen tundra is the limited season for garage sales and flea markets. So I will have to be a little more patient.

In the meantime these stools were on Craigslist for less than a tenth of the price of my dream stools.

Look a little closer if you can -- those are cat people hidden amongst the toile!
Who knew such disturbing fabric existed...I couldn't sleep.



Wouldn't you know though a few quick screws and underneath that haunted fabric was 
perfect, clean, unblemished white canvas! 


Now I'm certain it won't stay that way for long here around R7, but it's a nice clean fix for the present.


And since there's so much wood in here to make any cowhand or cowboy feel right at home why not take the cliche to the next level...


 So aside from painting the stools or cabinets does anyone have any clever ideas on how to make these look a little more vintage or industrial?

In the meantime, I'll be counting down the days to the Kane County Flea Market!



From R7 to you --
Be a blessing.

If you haven't joined me already -- check out my latest post on Keep It Shut!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...