Valentine's Party

With Friday the 13th falling in February, we couldn't help but celebrate by inviting a few couples over to celebrate with a  "Marriage Is Scary - Valentine's Party"

My goal for the decor was simple and sweet!

Cowboy is so good to me. I can't imagine what it's like to keep up with the neurotic-ness that I call me. He nailed it! These gorgeous flowers were delivered Monday asking me to be his Valentine. This is special because he remembered that I love flowers on Monday! Then I can enjoy them all week.


So this lusciousness made it easy to make the drink cart festive!


Mixing up the glassware and setting the scene on this vintage metal tray is sweet and not needing to worry about matching glassware -- simple.


A punch of R7 whimsy included courtesy of the boot wine holder. 
Don't mind my bed-head in the mirror. Oops.


Since I've already confessed to being neurotic -- I can tell you when Cowboy came home with cupcakes (not on the list)...I was puzzled. He mentioned he thought that I could use them with the decor. If that's not simple and sweet I don't know what it is.


Here's a little bouquet of flowers tucked into an Early American Prescut glass pitcher.

Setting it off on a red vintage tray keeps it from being to elegant and keeps it sweet and simple.

I always put special thought into making the bathroom feel a little more glamorous. 
It makes guests feel welcome and comfortable.


When guests arrived they were greeted with a smile and a small piece of yarn. After all they're the ones who took the risk and tied the knot -- now they are stuck! As couples mingled before dinner they found other small pieces of red yarn throughout the house and tied it on to their string. The couple with the longest length at the end won a sweet surprise.


Later in the evening, while the ladies made homemade Valentine cards, I gave the fellas a short lesson in floral design and they each presented their Valentine with a bouquet made with their own tow rough, calloused, and very manly hands.


We have to keep them from feeling to bashful about it after all...


The ladies were truly surprised by the handiwork of their husbands!


And these guys are considering new careers...


And at the end of the night, I was able to use our recently installed dishwasher island!!!
We just might have to host a few more gatherings just so I can enjoy this satisfaction...

From R7 to you--
Be a blessing.

If you haven't joined the Keep It Shut journey with me -- check it out!
And save the date -- March 21st -- see R7 on HGTV!





Instagram

Linking to:



2 comments:

Trisha said...

What a fun party! I love the idea of the yarn and the bouquets. Looks like you had a fabulous Valentine's Day!

~Trisha

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a fun party full of so many unique and creative ideas. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...