Thrifty Dish

The story starts like this…

Once upon a time a friend and I went “hunting”…

We saw lots of inspiring things:
DSCN3497
I love how the “O” is made of u-panel and told cowboy I MUST (pretty please) have an “R” double the size.
DSCN3499
I’m “anti-border” but this collage of antique plates is S-o VE-ry CHArm-ing
DSCN3500 And how simple would this be to make from an old door! It would look marvelous in the foyer of the 1800’s house!

During all that hunting though, the only exciting thing I found for myself was these…
 DSCN3503 …until that evening when we made yet another trip to our home improvement store…
and there they were!

DSCN3504
I finally found a set of all white, high-quality dishes at a steal of a deal! I’ve waited (im)patiently and now I have them!!
DSCN3508Count ‘em up! TWELVE complete servings for $39 and…its Pfaltzgraff. At the HARDWARE store!!!

Moral of the story: Never stop hunting.

Beauty of the story:
DSCN3615
Empty tray…extra dishes…are you thinking what I’m thinking?!
DSCN3623
DSCN3621
DSCN3624
DSCN3632
…and the dishes live happily ever after.

The End

Linking to:

3 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love your new dishes and I have had Pfaltzgraph for over 30 years and after everyday use, they still look new. Love them. You will totally adore yours and I love the rippled edge. Great vignette in the tool box. Thanks for the visit, and I am your newest follower. I host a weekly party called Table Top Tuesday, this is where we show off any kind of a vignette that we can create on any surface. I would love for you to link up this afternoon. Your dish display is perfect. Hugs, Marty

Katie said...

I LOVE the tray and I also LOVE the old door seat! Mom started my obsession with old doors when she painted an old screen door and used it in her garden. :) I'd love to try this one some day http://pinterest.com/pin/199213983487320477/

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

that's my motto..never stop hunting! I get SO tickled when I find something I have been looking for at the right price!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...