Reclaimed Wooden Tables

Reclaimed
verb
past tense: reclaimed; past participle: reclaimed
  1. 1
    retrieve or recover (something previously lost, given, or paid); obtain the return of


So we call ourselves "R7" sort of symbolizing Seven of us and our little piece of nearly Seven acres...
Really it's just our nickname -- just one of the many ways we've embraced to make our crazy blended family a team who loves each other and works toward the same goals.


I've always had a thing for things with a story. 
And let me tell you -- Cowboy came with some stories...but that's probably another post!


Before it was "in" and long after it's "out" I will still love the timelessness of chipped paint and worn edges. I just really can't pass up old shop tables like this. 



And since recently we opened up R7 Reclaimed including a Vintage Studio...I don't have to pass them up. We are really enjoying taking projects that we would do for our own home and making them available for others to enjoy. 


On this piece the more paint my little cowboy scraped off the more I loved it!


The planks of wood are boards that are nailed onto the tops of shipping crates for ammo.
The wood had such beautiful grain and a few coats of coconut oil 
like I use on my kitchen island really gave it such a rich finish.


(Sorry for the car in the background -- won't complain about buyers though...)


I also picked up this black shop table with two tiers. After sanding and scraping we decided to add some of the reclaimed wood to this one as well.


Don't get the wrong idea -- I do some of the building and shop work too!


And then we added the wood to both tiers of the table.


I can not tell a lie.  I'm very tempted to use one of the two in our house!
Then I remembered my commitment to taming the chaos and clutter...

We had our first open house at the studio and it was SO much fun!
Now off to a few shows in May plus a big graduation!! 
Will try to keep you updated...

From R7 to you --
Be a blessing.

#NEWS

1) I've committed to getting busy on Instagram. Let's connect.
2) Join me in Small Group #82 for 5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn't Quit ---
3) I'm now a retailer of Savannah Bee lotions ---- giveaway on my Facebook page

        



Linking to:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...