Birds

I’ve always thought of birds in decorating as dated and not my style.  Lately though…thanks to Shalom’s Cottage Home…I’ve been enjoying birds a little more each day. 

I picked up this cute little bird box 

Blog 151 

spring tablescape...

And…I’m determined to find a functional and savvy way to use this bird planter

BLOG 186

and plant stand.

BLOG 187

These may be leaving the house soon…

While I was standing in my flower bed behind the garage (talking on the phone).  Out of the corner of my eye, I saw two birds swoop over the fence. 

Next thing I knew they were flying straight at me…I jumped and screamed!  The bird flew straight into my shin!  Now…my shins are very little…I’ve been called ‘chicken legs’ or ‘bird legs’ my entire life.

It is now literal! 

The Green Thumbers 046

 

The bird’s beak apparently hit me so hard it drew blood. Just a bit…but still…blood from a bird hitting you…who has ever heard of such a thing?? 

 

Well, I realize my screaming is terrifying the person on the phone and my little man looking on.  So…I chill out and walk away from the scene.  As I look back the bird is laying there not moving! Now…I’m not going near that bird…

I call my neighbor over who’s been known to take care of my animal issues before…bunnies, dogs, etc…(love ya Gale) and she confirms the bird is dead. The robin is dead.The Green Thumbers 044

Despite her friendly CPR attempts. It is dead.  Now little man is upset because I hurt the bird! 

After repeating the story several times,  several   people become convinced (after laughing at me) that I should call the doctor just to make sure…

The receptionist laughed so hard she had to excuse herself.

I’m sure you are too.

If you are wondering about the other bird…

Several days later I was working deeper into the flower bed and found a dead robin tucked among the grasses. 

Did I really kill two birds with one shin?

6 comments:

Brittanie Gordon said...

Wow! Hope your shin is healing!

nest of posies said...

no way~!

i've had mocking birds take dive bombs at me in the yard, but never a robin. something else must of been going on for them to have acted like that.
geez...are you alright?
love your bird planter & stand! i would snatch that planter up in a heart beat!
take care!
kellie

Ashley Houck said...

Thanks for the comment you left on my blog. I came to your blog and stayed for awhile. Count me as a newest follower! hope you could stop by and see if you’d like to do the same! :-)
Ashley

{The Appraiser’s Wife} www.rahouck.blogspot.com

vawriter said...

If I were not a Christian I could covet your planter. Not your shin, however.

Have you tested the birds for rabies?

Amy said...

Hysterical! That's all I have to say...hysterical! (Not that you got attacked, but the killing two birds with one shin;))

Charity said...

Oh my word, you couldn't make up a story that funny. Thanks for sharing in my happy dance, and any friend of this blessed nest's Kellie is a friend of mine, come over to my blog to play anytime.

God Bless,
Cha Cha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...